Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Teen Volunteer Program is for ages 12-18. If you are 18 years old and finished with high school, please apply for the Adult Volunteer Program.
Teen Volunteer duties and positions vary depending on the needs of the library. Teens needing to earn service hours for school or other organizations are encouraged to begin volunteering several months before their due dates, as a 2-month commitment is required for 10 hours of volunteer service.
- Pick up an application at the upstairs Reference Desk in the Library or download the application on the right.
- Once you complete the application and have guardian signatures, turn in the application at the upstairs Reference Desk in the Library or scan a submit it on the right.
- If your application is accepted, you will be notified about the next Volunteer Orientation. Attending this orientation is mandatory before you can begin volunteering.
- You will begin being notified of available volunteering shifts and can select up to 2 shifts per week. If you select more shifts, they will not be accepted. Remember, you must commit to 10 hours of volunteer service over a 2-month period.
*Note: Volunteer shifts are based on library, staff, and event needs so availability will vary. Thank you for your understanding.
- Please keep in mind that our volunteer positions provide a job-like experience, so you are solely responsible for communicating with our staff. We cannot guarantee your service hours will be confirmed otherwise.
Helen Hall Library's Teen Advisory Board (TAB) is a service group whose members are library ambassadors and community leaders. Members help plan teen activities, assist with library events, promote the library, and more. The Teen Advisory Board meets from 5-6 pm on the first and third Mondays of the month (no meetings in May, August, and December).
Teens join the Teen Advisory Board to:
- Make decisions that affect teens in the library and the community.
- Plan library programs, events, displays, service projects, and more.
- Earn community service hours.
- Gain volunteer and leadership experience and job skills to add to their resume.
- Make new friends and discuss books.
Teen Advisory Board member requirements:
- Submit a completed application at the upstairs Reference Desk. Applications are provided after you attend a meeting.
- Regularly attend monthly meetings.
- Be an active participant in the group, be willing to share ideas, and interact in meetings.
- Act as a library ambassador and all-around role model of good teen behavior.
- Attend at least one teen program in addition to TAB per semester, but more is always better.
- Submit a book review of at least 150 words per semester to the Teen Services Librarian via email.
Interested in joining Helen Hall Library's Teen Advisory Board? Visit our Teen Programs page or email Teen Services Librarian Sheldon Stevens at email@example.com for more information.